Sector Lead Accountant
£40,000 - £45,000
Remote / London / Surrey
We are a fast-growing accounting company that provides all accounting services, with a focus on bookkeeping and business operations (Business Partnering). We are a team of rounded finance professionals who provide SME’s with strong financial controls and quality management information through advice and business intelligence. We serve clients UK-wide from a variety of industries and different sizes ranging from £100k up to £10m. We are a small team, but we are passionate about what we do, and we are excited to bring someone onboard to work with us.
We are now looking for a Sector Lead (Manager Level) to manage clients from a specific sector that you will be assigned to – Professional Services. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to be part of the company’s growth journey. Our company has a “start-up” feel so the ideal candidate needs to have a can-do attitude and be proactive in their approach.
The new team member will be acting as the sole manager for a portfolio of clients. This will involve:
- Managing the bookkeeping team on a day to day basis
- Managing and performing the month-end tasks in collaboration with the bookkeeping team
- Producing and delivering the monthly management accounts
- Preparing and submitting the VAT returns
- Producing requested financial and operational reporting
- Business Partnering
- Offering bespoke financial analysis for clients when needed
- Continuous process improvement
- Developing processes where they do not exist to reduce working time and improve accuracy
- Spotting opportunities for automation and providing high level process steps for our Lead Development specialist
- Ability to train the Bookkeeping team to follow processes that you design and implement to better serve your clients
Qualifications and Skills:
- Applicants can be CIMA/ACCA/ACA part-qualified or qualified, or equivalent (e.g. MBA)
- 2 years+ experience in practice or in a financial accounting role in industry
- Strong understanding of all areas of the Balance Sheet
- Very strong Excel
- Very good written and spoken English
- Very good presentation skills
Xero, QBO, Sage Business Cloud, Monday.com (task management) MS products (Excel, Access, Power Automate)
- Private Healthcare & Critical Illness insurance
- Pension (6% Employee + 4% Company Contributions)
- 25 Days Annual Leave
Location: Remote (UK Resident) (ad-hoc visits to hot desk locations in and around South London / Surrey area).
£40 - £45k p.a.